Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products. We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Lead Web Services/API Developer with our credit-based financial software products that run on multiple platforms.
We are looking for a Lead Web Services/API Developer in our movement to the Cloud, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and DevOps practices. This role would provide hands on engineering to build capabilities which support multiple Agile software delivery teams and their platform needs. This is a hands-on, architectural role working in functioning scrum teams. This individual will have the desire to tackle hard problems and solve things once, so application development teams can focus on business logic and customer experience. This individual would also guide and educate developers on security, automation, and cloud architecture/technology.
- Develop and design an API/web service/micro-service architecture strategy, roadmap and provide architecture guidance.
- Develop and design APIs/web services/micro-services.
- Define development standards and technology roadmaps.
- Evaluate new technologies and trends.
- Evaluate product feature requests.
- Work alongside other architects and developers in a high-performance, results driven team.
- 7+ years’ experience designing, architecting and implementing complex solutions.
- 7+ years’ experience in design, development and unit testing of API/web service (SOAP/REST) integrations, preferably using automation tools.
- At least 7 years REST/web services.
- 3+ years’ experience in architecting, developing and implementing microservices and microservices frameworks.
- Proven expertise building and designing APIs and have a known playbook of frameworks.
- Experience using API automation testing tools.
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations, specifically Azure services.
- CI/CD experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle or other relational databases.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agile practice and deep understanding of Agile SDLC.
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, communication, both verbal and written and interpersonal interactions. Can articulate technology and explain complex topics to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field required.
- 7+ years’ experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations, specifically Azure services.
- Experience with Swagger and/or Postman or other frameworks highly preferred.
- Some experience with using NoSQL databases preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience AngularJS or React.
- Master’s degree in business or related field required, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- MCSD, MCSE, MCP or Azure Solutions Architect certification preferred.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org