Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products. We are seeking a seasoned professional to work as the Director of Software Development with our servicing-focused financial software products which run on multiple platforms to work in our Richmond, VA office. The ideal candidate will have a background managing software development teams within a small to mid-sized company. Experience with loan servicing, banking or lending software is preferred.
Candidate will be the ‘face’ of the development division to clients, other internal divisions and, most of all, to the associates within the development division. Candidate will set the tone and attitude for the division.
Candidate is responsible to structure the division to maximize production, ensure quality of coding and most efficient use of division resources. This will include identifying effective team leads and mentoring of less experienced developers. Team building will be a crucial part of this position.
This position requires candidate to be hands on in the daily running of the division. Candidate must be a technical resource for the division as needed and provide technical support for sales and PMO to facilitate new client sales and implementations. This support will include taking part in face-to-face client meetings, both on- and off-site.
Candidate must have experience in developing and implementing successful training programs for developers of all levels. This must include identifying single points of failure in the division’s knowledge base and experience and resolving these points of failure.
Candidate will be responsible for working with the Executive team to develop company-wide strategies to improve processes, automation and efficiencies in all divisions. Candidate will provide technical advice to Executive team.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with at least 10 years of industry experience
- At least 10 years of experience managing enterprise software engineering teams
- Technically credible to lead a team of world class software engineers and development managers and be able to deliver the right product with a scalable engineering design
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is critical
- A passion for people management and mentorship; hiring and developing great people
- Able to balance technical leadership with sound business judgment
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Proven ability to architect and operate at large scale
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Experience with managing teams successfully deploying agile methodologies
- First-hand experience as a JAVA (J2EE) or .NET senior developer
- Work experience with SQL and relational data models (SQL Server preferred)
- History of successful delivery of web applications using a service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of networking architectures supporting clustered application servers
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery automation and tools
- MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with analytics and handling large data sets
- Experience with security technologies
- Experience with large distributed systems
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Experience of working with or directly managing diverse and globally distributed software development teams
Travel: Up to 20%
Please mail, fax, or email your resume to:
Shaw Systems Associates, Inc.
808 Moorefield Park Drive, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23236