Shaw Systems Associates, LLC, a nationally recognized provider of credit management software to financial institutions all over the world, is seeking a full time Java Web Developer to join our team. Responsibilities include routine product maintenance, bug fixes and enhancements, as well as, new development of Shaw Systems robust licensed and cloud-based products.
If you have a background in banking or loan servicing, it would be a plus but is not required. You will be working on an Enterprise Level Financial application. The system was developed primarily with Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL Server DB.
- Provide production support
- Design, develop and write application code
- Research, analyze and implement approved changes to the application base
- Enhance and expand regression tests
- Work autonomously or under general direction
- Write testable, efficient code
- Create design documents from business requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Java Web developer preferably in a senior role
- Experience building and integrating complex user interfaces for enterprise java applications
- Knowledgeable on usability, accessibility and internationalization
- Experience integrating web based front-end with Java service layer using Spring MVC, AJAX calls etc.
- Prior Experience with Adobe Flex is a plus
- Experience with Java Libraries, Hibernate, Spring, RESTful Web Services, Relational Database (SQL Server)
- Full life-cycle software development experience
- Experience developing in a fast, agile environment
- Experience documenting code changes
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task on a regular basis
- Works well in a team environment, team consists of local and remote members
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field desired
Expected Hours of Work: This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week Monday – Friday and may require additional after hours or weekend work on occasion as needed.
Please submit a resume and include a cover letter indicating your overall experience, your accomplishments, and what programming skills you possess. Demonstrated portfolio of work required.
Please mail, fax, or email your resume to:
Shaw Systems Associates
6200 Savoy Drive, Suite 1000
Houston, TX 77036