Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products. We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Release Coordinator with our credit-based financial software products that run on multiple platforms.
This position will be responsible for coordinating with appropriate members of management teams to schedule and track all key changes related to product and version updates. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate extreme attention to detail, organization, assertiveness, and will have 2+ years of experience working and collaborating with managers. Experience in technology and systems release is a plus!
- Work with appropriate members of management team to coordinate, schedule and track all elements of key changes of Shaw products as the project(s) move through testing regions into production.
- Track all enhancements across all products and versions, as well as, manage the population of changes are moving into production through releases.
- Track testing and documentation for each release.
- Responsible for the release management aspects of multiple development projects:
- Participates in multiple projects at once.
- Facilitates release planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of release packages.
- Ensures that issues and risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risk to scope and schedule.
- Maintains release management schedule for all systems.
- Identifies opportunities to make tactical improvements to the release management process.
- Package, deliver and send out notification of releases to clients.
- Schedule and coordinate installation of releases with Cloud Service clients.
- Understand customers need after a release has been implemented and how to improve their experience through our maintenance releases.
- Responsible for working with stakeholders to plan maintenance releases, as well as, minor and major version releases.
- Accommodates a flexible work schedule as most releases occur outside of regular business hours and on weekends.
- Coordinates and confirms readiness and scheduling of the test environments for each release with the technical team(s).
- Collects feedback from the users of release management standards and identifies the need to modify or retire a standard based on the feedback.
- Coordinates and facilitates sprint planning to ensure clean scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience with release management or a similar coordination role
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of project management principles and practices
- Available to work evenings and weekends on an as needed basis
- Extreme attention to detail
- Very organized
- Ability to be assertive and handle divergent situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or related field from an accredited four year institution.
- At least 1 year of solid project management experience or certification from Project Management institution.
Please mail, fax, or email your resume to:
Shaw Systems Associates, Inc.
6200 Savoy Drive, Suite 1000
Houston, TX 77036