Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
As the Release Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating with appropriate members of management teams to schedule and track all key changes related to product and version updates. In this role you also will serve as a subject matter expert on the Agile framework, embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that demonstrate the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. You will be responsible for application delivery and continuous process improvements across multiple teams to enable high value business outcomes.
Cross Team Delivery
- Responsible for successful product delivery with strong partnership with the product owners
- Ensure delivery milestones are reached and deadlines are met using the Agile development framework
- Provide regular and open communication across the program for full transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Understand and use the business context to identify and mitigate risk
- Serve as an escalation point for impediment removal for the Scrum Masters and teams
- Ensure cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Develop, interpret and draw meaningful insights and actions from standardized metrics at a program level.
- Facilitate planning, collaboration, coordination, and dependencies
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and business owners
- Ensure team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
- Assist in coaching teams to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Utilize team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve
- Assist Scrum Masters in their role by providing hands-on coaching in all aspects of Scrum and/or Kanban (facilitating daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, scrum of scrums, sprint demo and retrospective meetings, backlog refinement, daily routines, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc).
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Perform other duties as needs necessitate including interim scrum master role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or related field from an accredited four-year institution
- 8+ years of experience in varying Project Management roles
- 5+ years working in an Agile environment
- 3+ years leading Agile teams as Scrum Master
- Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI’s Agile Certified
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Must be able to work autonomously with limited direction at times, but also thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- Master’s Degree
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
- 2+ years of experience working in scaled Agile environment as RTE or Product Manager with a minimum of 5 teams
- 3+ years of experience with Agile framework support tools such as VersionOne, Rally, JIRA, Confluence, and TFS
- Experience in a financial institution (understanding of financial governance)
This position is located in Houston, Texas.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com