Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Software Developer with our credit-based financial software products in our Richmond, VA office. This individual has application development experience using COBOL in a financial or corporate environment that runs on multiple platforms. Candidates should be prompt, organized and creative as well as being reliable, a team player and focused on the tasks at hand.
- Works under general supervision and performs maintenance and development tasks on existing software products
- Proven practical programming and testing experience
- Major impact on productivity and service levels
- Responsible for coding, testing, and developing /debugging new system enhancements and making changes to existing software
- Develops specifications that are subject to review and approval by higher level staff and/or business analysts
- Code development is subject to review and approval
- Has a good understanding of the business application and works independently or with higher level staff and/or technical support to resolve application software problems as necessary
- Responsible for resolving customer issues, either through coding changes or suggesting procedural changes
- Must be available 24/7 for Production Support
- Some travel required
- Interfacing with our client base providing technical and user customer support
- Daily problem solving, customer training, and installation assistance
- Strong analytical skills are required in order to work through technical challenges with minimal supervision
- Mainframe programming experience with CICS, MVS JCL, COBOL, DB2
- PC experience with MS Office
- MicroFocus COBOL, Fujitsu NetCOBOL, and MS SQL Server a plus
- A college degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business preferred
- Banking and/or finance background preferred
- Formal presentations experience a plus
This position may work from any of the following locations: Hybrid office schedule if within 75 miles of the Houston, TX or Richmond, VA office. Remote with the ability to travel at least 5% from the following states: Texas if more than 75 miles from the office location, Virginia if more than 75 miles from the office location, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah.
** Shaw Systems employees are not authorized to work in any state not listed above our outside of the US without specific written permission from their direct manager and approval from the Information Security Office.**
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm, and occasional afterhours or weekend work may be required. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com