Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Software Developer II with our credit-based financial software products that run on multiple platforms. This position will be part of a team of developers responsible for updating, maintaining, and supporting multiple Shaw Systems software products. Experience in the banking or the auto finance industry is plus!
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Work under general supervision
- Minimal Customer Exposure
- Develop in a fast, agile environment
- Write testable, efficient code
- Document code changes
- Design and implement new functionality
- Support and fix software bugs
- Prepare and deliver deployments
- Comply with company coding standards
- Able to work as part of a team with developers, BAs, QAs
- Meet deadlines
- Provide 24/7 support on a rotating schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or related field (MIS, CIS)
- 4+ years of Experience in object-oriented languages (C#, .NET)
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases preferably SQL server
- At least 4 years’ experience developing and consuming Web Services, specifically WCF
- At least 4 years’ experience with ORM technologies (Entity Framework)
- 4+ experience with source code management tools ( TFS)
- 4+ years of proven work experience in software engineering
- Hands-on experience in developing enterprise applications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Professional Scrum Master II (PSM-II), or Safe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) or PMP preferred
This position may work from any of the following locations: Hybrid office schedule if within 75 miles of the Houston, TX or Richmond, VA office. Remote with the ability to travel at least 5% from the following states: Texas if more than 75 miles from the office location, Virginia if more than 75 miles from the office location, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah.
** Shaw Systems employees are not authorized to work in any state not listed above our outside of the US without specific written permission from their direct manager and approval from the Information Security Office.**
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm, and occasional afterhours or weekend work may be required. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com