Careers

Technical Recruiter

Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.

The Technical Recruiter will report directly to the HR Manager in support of Shaw’s general HR tasks. This role will focus at least 60% on recruiting for all Shaw positions with the remaining 40% spent on general HR tasks such as onboarding, benefit administration assistance and other HR tasks. With oversight from HR Management, this role will provide guidance on HR related inquiries from Shaw employees and management, elevating issues as appropriate.

Responsibilities

    RECRUITMENT - 60%

  • Assists with workforce planning activities, such as working with groups to identify staffing challenges to supports recruitment initiatives.
  • Utilize multiple creative sourcing techniques to source potential candidates.
  • Perform pre-employment activities, including sourcing and screening resumes, conducting phone and/or personal interviews and reference checks, determine education and salary requirements, coordinate pre-employment skills testing, and schedule personal interviews with internal clients.
  • Prepare and place advertising for positions, determining best high payoff activities and recommending appropriate resource allocation accordingly.
  • Responsible for filling all internal full time positions including, but not limited to, Development, QA, DevOps, Security, Administrative, etc.

  • PEOPLE - 20%

  • Fields initial employee concerns and works towards resolution, consulting with other HR Manager on conflict resolution of a more complex nature.
  • Contributes towards improving department score for turnover/retention/employee engagement, using peer-to-peer accountability.
  • Works collaboratively with HR Manager to act as a backup on HR functions (i.e., Payroll, Benefits, Training, etc.) in support of department initiatives.

  • SERVICE - 10%

  • Assists with education sessions for employees and leadership, such as new employee orientation. May deliver presentations on basic topics to employees and/or managers.
  • Interprets human resources policy and procedures to employees and managers. Makes recommendations to colleagues, human resources specialists, and management on identified opportunities for policy, procedure, and process improvement.
  • Conducts data collection activities; generates and provides basic analysis to reports; and with improvements to respective HR metrics.

  • GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%

  • Participates in change management initiatives as instructed or required for client group.
  • Seeks opportunities to identify self-developmental needs and takes appropriate action. Ensures own career discussions occur with appropriate management.

Requirements

  • Minimum of 2 years recruitment experience on technical roles such as: development, cloud operations, data developers, QA, etc.
  • Must have a strong interest to develop skills in HR generalist role
  • Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint a must
  • Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job
  • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
  • Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and multiple tasks
  • Capable of handling challenging/difficult situations
  • Ability to collect, interpret and analyze data.

Preferred Experience

  • Experience with hard to fill roles a plus
  • 1+ years’ experience with full like cycle recruitment a plus
  • 1+ years’ experience supporting HR employment law in a corporate setting a plus

Location

This position may work from any of the following locations: Hybrid office schedule if within 75 miles of the Houston, TX or Richmond, VA office. Remote with the ability to travel at least 5% from the following states: Texas if more than 75 miles from the office location, Virginia if more than 75 miles from the office location, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah.

** Shaw Systems employees are not authorized to work in any state not listed above our outside of the US without specific written permission from their direct manager and approval from the Information Security Office.**

Work Environment and Physical Demands

This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm, and occasional afterhours or weekend work may be required. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.

Please email your resume to: resumes@shawsystems.com