Shaw Systems Associates is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Azure Administrator, to play a critical role in our Azure Cloud strategy.
- Enhancing Shaw’s current Azure cloud environments
- Monitoring and enhancing the security of Shaw’s Azure environments
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Shaw’s Azure environments
- Ensuring federated access across Active Directory and Azure AD
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Migrating legacy infrastructure to Azure; implementing new environments in the cloud
- Working with DevOps and integrating the Azure infrastructure into Shaw’s CI/CD process and procedures
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security.
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services.
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources.
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client trouble shooting.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining several domains.
- Experience with Intune a plus.
- Four-Year College Degree (BA or BS). A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is highly desirable.
- Azure Cloud Certifications (preferred)
- System administration: 5 years
- Virtualization: 2 years (Required)
- Network Protocol: 2 year (Required)
- Cisco Network: 1 year (Required)
- Azure Admin: min 1 year (Required)
- Powershell: 1 year (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 1 year (Required)
- Azure AD: 1 year (Preferred)
- VPN: 1 year (Required)
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft cloud technologies (Required)
Please email your resume to: email@example.com