Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Lead Software Developer/Architect with our credit-based financial software products that run on multiple platforms. This position will be part of a team of developers responsible for updating, maintaining, and supporting Shaw Systems software products. Experience in the banking or the auto finance industry is plus. This is a hands-on role.
This position will contribute as part of a team of developers to build and enhance the Spectrum software application. This will include adding new functionality, bug fixes and refactoring the existing application. Spectrum is the primary software platform developed by Shaw System Associates for our clients.
- Design and develop RESTful web services/APIs/micro-services
- UI development
- Evaluate new technologies and trends
- Work alongside other developers and architects in a high-performance, results driven team
- Design and architect solutions
- 7+ years’ experience in designing, architecting, implementing, and unit testing of REST web services. Spring Boot and microservice experience preferred
- Some experience using test automation tools such as Rest Assured and Selenium preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience with Java 8 or above, Java 11 experience preferred
- CI/CD experience
- Bitbucket or GitHub experience
- JUnit testing experience
- Experience with containerization, Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other relational databases
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agile practice and deep understanding of Agile SDLC
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, communication, both verbal and written and interpersonal interactions. Can articulate technology and explain complex topics to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations, specifically Azure
- Experience using Swagger and/or Postman or other frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience with Angular or React
- Some knowledge of batch processing or streaming frameworks technologies is desired
- Some knowledge of Apache Ignite is highly desired
- Master’s degree in business or related field required, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Azure Solutions Architect certification preferred
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org