Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
We are seeking a motivated individual to work as a Lead Software Developer/Architect with our credit-based financial software products that run on multiple platforms. This position will be part of a team of developers responsible for updating, maintaining, and supporting Shaw Systems software products. Experience in the banking or the auto finance industry is plus. This is a hands-on role.
This position will contribute as part of a team of developers to build and enhance the Spectrum software application. This will include adding new functionality, bug fixes and refactoring the existing application. Spectrum is the primary software platform developed by Shaw System Associates for our clients.
- Design and develop RESTful web services/APIs/micro-services
- UI development
- Evaluate new technologies and trends
- Work alongside other developers and architects in a high-performance, results driven team
- Design and architect solutions
- 7+ years’ experience in designing, architecting, implementing, and unit testing of REST web services. Spring Boot and microservice experience preferred
- Some experience using test automation tools such as Rest Assured and Selenium preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience with Java 8 or above, Java 11 experience preferred
- CI/CD experience
- Bitbucket or GitHub experience
- JUnit testing experience
- Experience with containerization, Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other relational databases
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agile practice and deep understanding of Agile SDLC
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, communication, both verbal and written and interpersonal interactions. Can articulate technology and explain complex topics to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations, specifically Azure
- Experience using Swagger and/or Postman or other frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience with Angular or React
- Some knowledge of batch processing or streaming frameworks technologies is desired
- Some knowledge of Apache Ignite is highly desired
- Master’s degree in business or related field required, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Azure Solutions Architect certification preferred
This position may work from any of the following locations: Hybrid office schedule if within 75 miles of the Houston, TX or Richmond, VA office. Remote with the ability to travel at least 5% from the following states: Texas if more than 75 miles from the office location, Virginia if more than 75 miles from the office location, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah.
** Shaw Systems employees are not authorized to work in any state not listed above our outside of the US without specific written permission from their direct manager and approval from the Information Security Office.**
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm, and occasional afterhours or weekend work may be required. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com