Five Ways to Give Back During the Holiday Season
During the holidays many people look for ways to volunteer and give back. Giving is great for your community and your health. This time of year everyone wants to be generous, kind, and loving towards others. If you’re trying to decide on the best way to give back, there are a variety of options to choose from.
Here are five ways to give back during the holiday season:
- Donate food to a local food bank.
- Gather up your old coats and donate them to Goodwill or a homeless shelter.
- Donate blood and save a life.
- Visit a local nursing home.
- Sponsor a family to shop for during the holiday season.
Bonus tips: Bring some blankets, dog food, or pet toys to an animal shelter or take a box of toys to a children’s hospital.