How to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Like the Irish
Here are some quick tips on how to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day like the Irish:
- Wear just a little bit of green, a splash of green is all you need. Feel free to pinch anyone who’s not wearing any green on St. Patrick’s Day. It’s a time-honored tradition in Ireland.
- Visit a church and honor St. Patrick by attending a service or saying a prayer for someone.
- Greet every one you see on St. Patrick’s Day by saying “St. Patrick’s Day blessing upon you”. Make sure to say it with a cheery disposition and a smile on your face.
- Bake some Irish soda bread. Irish soda bread is made with flour, salt, baking soda, and buttermilk. For an authentic and easy recipe try this Amazingly Easy Irish Soda Bread recipe from Allrecipes.
- Make some Irish food. Ideas for Irish dishes you could make include: lamb stew, corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, Atlantic salmon with Irish whiskey, or bangers and mash.
- Have a glass of Guinness, the traditional Irish beer, instead of the dyed green beer many places serve.
- St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland is like Thanksgiving in America, so spend some time with your family and count your blessings.
- Make a wish on a four-leaf clover or give someone a four-leaf clover to spread good luck.