Recommended Books About Loans
When it comes to getting any type of loan it’s best to have as much information about the loan as possible. Books, blogs, and articles offer a lot of helpful information. Here are a couple of recommended books about loans:
- Secrets Of Auto Financing: Non-Prime Auto Financing And What You Should Know Before You Buy – We’ve all heard it. Good credit, bad credit, no credit… no problem. Divorce, bankruptcy, repossession. Re-establish your credit… we finance anyone. What does it all mean? How does it work? What kind of car can I buy? How much down payment do I need? Will I get ripped off? This book will answer these questions, and more, in an easy to understand, simple format.
- The Guerrilla Guide to Mastering Student Loan Debt: Everything You Should Know About Negotiating the Right Loan for You, Paying it Off, Protecting Your Financial Future – Skyrocketing tuitions have become a national concern. The average four-year college degree now costs more than $35,000, and that sum is growing at a phenomenal rate, forcing unprecedented numbers of college students into student-loan debt. In 1995, the Educational Resource Institute issued a report warning that borrowing has exploded to record levels and is expected to double in five years.
Whether they’re just beginning to think about paying for college, are currently in school, starting repayment or already overwhelmed with debt, students, as well as recent graduates and parents, find The Guerrilla Guide to Mastering Student Loan Debt an indispensable guide to navigating the student loan maze. In clear, lively and reassuring chapters, it answers such time and money-saving questions as:
- What types of loans are available, and how are they different?
- How can I get the best possible deal?
- What are my options for repaying my loan and can I postpone repayment?
- How can I get a forbearance or a deferment?
- How can I repair my credit rating?
- Mortgages: The Insider’s Guide – In addition to a concise explanation of every major mortgage topic that consumers want to understand, Mortgages: The Insider’s Guide is the only clear, step-by-step guide to effectively shopping for a mortgage. Written by a mortgage industry veteran based on the thousands of questions he has answered in over twenty years counseling clients, this book explains the loan options that you have, how to choose the best one for your unique situation, how to get a handle on the detailed process of getting a home loan, and how to find the right lender. If you are a home buyer you’ll be able to determine not just how much house you can qualify for but, more important, what total monthly housing expense you can comfortably afford, including how to figure your specific tax advantages in having a mortgage. Other topics clearly explained include: how a lender looks at your entire financial picture, including income, credit and assets; gift funds and co-signers; appraisals; locking in an interest rate; TIC financing; closing costs; reverse mortgages; how to compare different loan offers, and many, many more. There is a wealth of valuable information here. Understanding the mortgage process and products will make getting a mortgage much easier, and may end up saving you thousands of dollars over the life of your loan.